Unaccompanied Minors Policies
Many parents are understandably nervous about sending their unaccompanied child to tournaments. We understand. That's why we think it's important to have a very clear set of policies to tidy up areas of ambiguity. Our coaching staff is busy during tournaments either as a head coach or assistant coach, so we advise parents to coordinate player movements to/from the rinks with other parents.
- Medical forms. It's mandatory that we know your wishes for medical issues ranging from band-aids to broken bones and issuing medication.
- Food and necessities. Please send a prepaid Visa or American Express gift card with enough money on it with your child. It's easier than carrying around a bunch of cash. We will always stay at hotels with in-house restaurants.
- Hotel. We do not allow unaccompanied minors to stay with coaches. Sometimes we can help find another family to board with in the hotel. We do not have the staffing to make bed checks on the athletes once they are in the hotel.
- Phones. Please send your child with his own phone. You can check on him between games and in the evening without needing to track down a coach.
- Behavior. Obviously, we allow unaccompanied minors as a benefit to the families who can not attend, due to costs or other business. Please make your young athlete aware that he should have fun, but must be on his best behavior, as the coaches are very busy during tournament weekends.